Thursday 4 March 2010

Thing 10

Thing 10

Oh dear. I'm starting to get really stressed about this. Having spent most of the afternoon on this, I'm still only just starting the next Thing from the one I'd already started three weeks ago. I'm never going to catch up or finish all the Things by 9th April. ARGHHHH! Have just been advised to listen to Betthoven's Waldstein Sonata because "it always puts things into perspective", so shall do so as I attempt this next thing...

I couldn't find how to send my bookmarks to anyone. I found the Network options at that point, but wasn't sure I wanted automatically to share any bookmarks I add with everyone on my network - after all, they may not want to see everything I add. However, Thing 10 demands I do just that, so here I go.

I tried at first just going to Oxford Libraries' Delicious pages and clicking "Add to my network", but that didn't seem to work. I then tried again using the method described in the 23 Things message and think I must just have missed when it asked me if I wanted to add that Library as it appears in grey at the top of the screen and doesn't really stick out. I tried to add an RSS feed for the Information Literacy tag in Angela Carritt's list, but it didn't seem able to add it to Google Reader and I've added it to Live Bookmarks instead, but I don't see how to see them on Delicious, so maybe I've misunderstood and that's yet another external application in which I'd have to set up an account and so I can't find it after all.

I feel like my experience with this side of things has been a bit hit or miss and that following instructions doesn't always help and sometimes that's because I'm not following them closely enough and sometimes it's not.

I can't use the Delicious Network Explorer as it would require me to install a plugin.


No comments:

Post a Comment