Monday 22 March 2010

Thing 19

Thing 19

It's such a relief to be up to date with this! Also that this week's tasks are not too time-consuming.

Google docs seem pretty straightforward. From a simple play, I find the lack of complex options actually helpful, but I suspect that if I was trying to produce something impressive and extensive for a real purpose, it's limitations would begin to frustrate me. I enjoyed being able to ask other participants the question that remains unanswered for me from 23 Things so far (i.e. What use is Twitter for libraries?) and sharing one of the poems from an anthology of one of our Old Members' poems. I made myself a presentation with three of the short poems in it. I was annoyed that centring both horizontally and vertically doesn't actually move the text to the centre of the slide, so I did it manually.

I have actually used the form function as a respondent many times and can see the use for sharing documents outside an organisation with a shared drive and for several people being able to edit the same document - prevents too many versions in circulation.

NB Why is Blogger being SO slow today?

No comments:

Post a Comment