Thursday 4 March 2010

Thing 9

Thing 9

I set up my Delicious account about three weeks ago and found a very interesting article on what defines / underpins web 2.0 and bookmarked it with the ox23 tag. Then I am afraid 23 Things got lost under the pile of Everything Else. So today I have bookmarked my 23 Things blog, my allotment blog and two websites that I use most: www.virtualflowers.com and Amazon. Plus LOLcats for some humour, which I tagged with ox23 in the hope it will make others smile.

I looked through other ox23 tags and read a few blog posts about Library use of Facebook, but the only thing I actually felt like bookmarking was the link to the History of the World in 100 Objects page on iPlayer.

I find going through all these things to find things you wish to add so time-consuming. I had thought 23 Things would be something one could spend half an hour a week on, but it takes so much more than that, which is why I've got so behind and, frankly, a bit jaded. I want to de-clutter my life, not add clutter. The adding gadgets to my Google homepage seemed to me to be symptomatic of this. I feel like I have so many more things to keep checking - when is there meant to be time for actual work or really using these things we're being introduced to?

No comments:

Post a Comment