Thursday 11 March 2010

Thing 12

Thing 12

One of our students is in a band with her three sisters and they will be touring to Oxford shortly and she keeps sending me fan invitations on facebook. I said I wouldn't become a fan without seeing them, so she said they were on YouTube. This seemed an ideal opportunity, so I looked up one of their songs, then linked to their channel. They've had some nice comments. Maybe I will try to catch them when they play in Oxford!

Finding YouTube EDU was slightly trickier than the instructions implied, but I got there in the end. I'm surprised how few institutions are represented there. I am trying to watch a Cambridge University film called "The Music in Me", but it is taking ages to stream. Which is annoying as I actually really want to watch it, but I have got fed of getting 20 second snippets so am pausing it till it's caught up with itself. Grr.

I'm not going to do the extra things on this Thing because I don't want a YouTube account.

The Cambridge film is now in theory caught up with itself but has stuck at 2:30 and doesn't seem to want to let me past that point, no matter what I try. So I am more successfully enjoying the Ahmad Jamal Trio instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment