Thursday 11 March 2010

Thing 11

Thing 11

Podcasting in Plain English is very well constructed - I enjoyed it, though I am not sure it taught me anything I didn't already know.

From the BBC, I subscribed to The History of the World in 100 Objects and I am sad that I have missed so many episodes already. I have listened to the 15th February episode, which was the earliest that seemed to be available, but it seems the whole series has now appeared in my Google Reader account:-)

From Podcast.com, I listened to a couple of Alex Routledge tracks under Classical Music. I had never heard of him before. It was quite a nice discovery, but I think it's a bit too cheesy to subscribe to.

From the Oxford University podcasts, I chose an interview with Roger Crisp on Aristotle's Nichomachean Ethics, as I took the Nichomachean Ethics paper for Greats and enjoyed Dr Crisp's Utilitarianism lectures at Mods.. The first question made me snigger though - "What sort of questions arise in Ethics?" Also the fact that it sounds like he is described as "Hero, Fellow and Lecturer in Applied Ethics at St Anne's College". I assume it's actually the benefactor's name of the fellowship, but what I heard is much more entertaining....!

No comments:

Post a Comment