Thursday 25 March 2010

Thing 20

Thing 20

Well, this task took far longer than the brief description implied. I find it annoying that when you clicked the link to download the necessary Java application, it took you to a page with a whole load of option so you had to have remembered which one it was you were meant to be downloading. I got it wrong the first time, so have downloaded stuff I don't need. When I did get the right one, it took ages to download. Having downloaded it, getting ThinkFree to open me a new document took ages and is still catching up with itself, having allowed me to type three letters, but not delete them. It then keeps popping up as I write this and putting my words into ThinkFree instead. Bah humbug!

I successfully typed a document and fiddled with colours, fonts, sizes, borders, drop capitals etc. and just as I am finishing off, it crashes. I was impressed by the nearly Word standard of available fonts, but less impressed by the erratic nature of the application.

Uploading to My Office seemed straightforward enough - though I'm not sure that I'd bother. Currently trying to open a new note, but it is taking ages to do so. I can see that this is a fuller application than Google Docs, but as it takes so long to do anything, I find it too frustrating to use again, I think.

Having the templates is both useful and annoying for notes. I decided to use the book review, but couldn't find out how to fill in the fourth star to give a book a higher billing - neither fill nor font colour affected it. It also has a character limit for file names, which is annoying if the book you're reviewing has a long title!

No comments:

Post a Comment