Monday 15 March 2010

Thing 16

Thing 16

I am not sure that I shall be a Twitter convert, but I suspect there is something about it that I am just not getting yet. I suspect I need to search it more for general subjects I am interested in and follow people who write about them to really understand how it works and what it is for.

I was pleased that someone I was following tweeted a link to an interesting article about the future of Libraries, given the current publishing model so that I could retweet it as something I actually wanted to share with other Librarians, rather than just to tick the box (though I originally knew it was there from her Facebook status!). I have also replied to a couple of tweets because I actually wanted to comment on them.

I can't quite imagine how I'd use Twitter for work, despite being asked about it in a job interview once. Again, this is probably part of the bit I have insufficient experience of to get. So far the best thing is the random quotations from Googlebooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment